Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh Yeah, There's A Jeff Tweedy Show This Month

In the "Dear Lord What Was I Thinking When I Didn't Post This Earlier" department, Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy will be gracing the stage of the University of Illinois' Foellinger Auditorium on Friday, October 27th at 7pm. Tickets are $20 for UIUC students, and $23 for the public.















I'm ever so slightly dissapointed (so slight, in fact, that it's at the sub-atomic level) that Wilco won't be joining him, especially since this show is in the middle of their fall tour. However, I'm gonna take a stab at the fact that they have two shows scheduled less than a month later in Chicago probably caused them to pull back. No matter. If you've never had the pleasure of hearing Jeff Tweedy solo before, you're in for a fun and intimate concert experience.

I hear a few of you out there... and you're saying "Oh yeah, Mr. Knowitall! How do you know I'll like it? Twenty-three dollars is enough to send me to the hospital on a Tuesday night out at Kams!" Well, it just so happens that RIGHT NOW one of my all time favorite music websites, Rbally, is hosting an ENTIRE Jeff Tweedy solo show. They're mp3 files, so you can listen to them on any ol' mp3 player you want or rip 'em to a CD. So, go there and road test it, then head over to the UIUC Box Office or call (217) 333-5000 and have the duckets sent right to your door. It's that simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter