Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New Bill Murray Flick Coming To "The Art"

Yep, the runner-up at Cannes this year, "Broken Flowers," starring my hero, Bill Murray, will be coming to Boardman's Art Theatre. I've been combing the papers wondering if the "bigs" were gonna bring it in first, but no sign of that, so it was to my sweet surprise to see it coming probably sometime next month. I'll keep you posted as times are announced.

While there's no date set for the film at The Art, I can tell you that the awesome Castle Theater in Bloomington, IL is going to have "Broken Flowers" starting on Sept. 16th. I highly reccomend making the trip to visit this theater. It has two levels of seating, which consists of comfy couches for every seat and tables. Why would you need a table? Because they serve food and drinks right to you! And not just popcorn... read the menu here.

4 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, August 17, 2005, Blogger Matthew said...

I went to the Castle a few times when I lived in Bloomington. It had two strikes against it (at least in my book).

1) The screen is way too small.

2) The sound system is fair, but not what most modern movie-going audiences really expect from a theater these days.

Compared to the Art, which has a good-sized screen and a kick-ass sound system, the Castle isn't much to write home about, regardless of the food (which is just ok, in my opinion).

Personally, I'll wait however long it takes for the Art to get "Broken Flowers." It'll be a top notch movie-going experience.

 
At 1:41 AM, August 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree, Matt. The Castle is as unique a movie-going experience as it gets downstate... right beside the Harvest Moon Drive-In in Gibson City. I highly reccomend both. It's not always about the greatest sound or picture, but the ambience and surroundings in which the movie is shown. Those aspects can have a resonance all their own.

 
At 3:41 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger Matthew said...

Anon,

I'm glad you like the Castle, but the primary reason I go to a theater is for the movie. Great sound and picture quality are desirable (and should, really, be standard) for a theater. I can get 'ambience' at a whole host of places.

There's a multi-plex in one of the Chicago suburbs (can't remember which), that I thought was excellent. It was just like the Castle, in that it served food and drinks, yet the theater was also roomy and spacious, the seating extremely comfortable, the sound excellent, and the screen large.

Why is it too much to ask for the Castle to have the same?

 
At 10:34 PM, August 24, 2005, Blogger greymatter said...

It's not too much to ask, I suppose, but I like it. A lot. You don't have to. Everyone who I've reccomended it to has loved it, as well. Like Ron Burgundy said... "Agree to disagree."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter