Thursday, November 03, 2005

Headlights Sign To Polyvinyl Records

Hip-hip-hooray! Headlights have been signed to Polyvinyl, and their first EP, Enemies, has been rereleased by the label. So, I guess my digipack copy is now out-of-print. This also means we will eventually get a full length from these guys sometime next year. Woot!

Now if those Beauty Shop albums that I keep raving to everyone about would actually be available in stores. C'mon John! I've got legions of fans waiting with baited breath... and while a compilation album will likely have to do, it's a shame if both Crisis Helpline and Yr Money Or Yr Life don't get a proper rerelease.

JigGsaw are back from their first tour, and will be rocking the Courtyard tonight with the Scotland Yard Gospel Choir, who are a decent band. A little too polished for my taste, but not bad. The JigGsaw album is also pretty good, if a little inconsistent. Earlier versions of some of these songs, such as Holly Brown, packed a lot more bite than the more restrained versions of Zero Generation. They also uncerimoniously dumped their original bass player, DJ, for reasons unbeknownst to this scribe. Gossip, folks!

I'm crazy about the new My Morning Jacket album, Z, and the Danger Doom album by Danger Mouse and MF Doom is solid, as well. And, as a throwback, the remastered version of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass has had its fair of spins lately, albeit with me importing both discs into iTunes and resequencing the songs to their original running order.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, November 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumor has it that the reasons for DJ's dumping were lame. I don't know about anyone else, but I always though that DJ was as important as anyone in that band. Dumping him and continuing as if nothing has changed doesn't sit right with me. Shady.

 
At 11:08 AM, November 06, 2005, Blogger greymatter said...

It doesn't sit right with me either. I know what happened, but I don't exactly feel like airing their dirty laundry. The two new guys are nice, but DJ was slighted in a very horrible way, and it's been hard to support them in the aftermath. Band drama!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter